CSIL Grant Funding
All applications must be submitted online. The Center for Student Involvement & Leadership will not accept paper submissions.
The purpose of the CSIL Grant Funding Program is:
- To support and encourage student programming
- To provide funding for student-planned events
- To provide marketing support for student-planned events
- Student organizations must be currently registered by UISG or GPSG at the time of the applications and at the time of the event or program. Additionally, other organizations, which include but are not limited to, university-wide collaborations and organizations are eligible to apply (e.g., Celebrating Cultural Diversity Festival, CAB Events, Night Games, Family Weekend, Welcome Week, On Iowa!)
- Events must always be alcohol free
- Events can be held on or off campus
- Only one Coca-Cola product request will be considered per event or program
- Coca-Cola product requests may not exceed 10 cases
- Coca-Cola product must not be used for resale (exceptions may be granted on a case-by-case basis)
- Students are encouraged to solicit other support and collaborative relationships
- CSIL grant funding should not be the only source of funds for events
- Funding support and requests must be consistent with UI policy
- Events require post-event evaluations and summaries; some may require the submission of surveys to be completed during the event. If this is the case, 10% of those attending your event must complete the event survey. Completed evaluations and surveys must be submitted to the Center for Student Involvement & Leadership within two weeks following your event
CSIL Grant Funding may NOT be used to fund the following expenses:
- Regular Org Meetings
- Honoria (Speaker, Musician, DJ, Dancer, Entertainment, etc.)
- Prizes/ Gifts
- Purchase of equipment or assets
- Donations for philanthropic or other causes
Applications should focus on these concepts:
- Uniqueness (how is this new and different from existing events?)
- Diversity (how does this event appeal to a variety of students?)
- Inclusion (how is the event open to all UI students, and communities?)
- Collaboration (who are possible partners for this event?)
Grant requests must not exceed $3,000.00
An evaluation must be submitted within two weeks (14 days) following your event. This evaluation must be completed and submitted to 145 IMU before payment will be transferred to your organization account.
The Grant Funding Application Committee is composed of members from the following UI departments, student organizations, and community partners.
Coca-Cola (1), HIlls Bank (2), CSIL (2), University Housing & Dining (1), Recreational Services (1), Iowa Memorial Union (1), Marketing & Design (1), UISG (1), ARH (1), Fraternity & Soroity Life (1)
- August 16, 2016
- September 13, 2016
- October 11, 2016
- November 8, 2016
- December 6, 2016
- February 7, 2017
- March 7, 2017
- April 11, 2017
Organizations can apply online by following this link: https://orgsync.com/14241/forms/51060
The Post Event Evaluation Form can be found here:
The logo used on publicity and other materials can be found by clicking here.
Looking for additional funding?
Your organization may also qualify for funds from Associated Residence Halls (ARH). You can learn more here: http://cougar.its.uiowa.edu/funding_req.
If you have questions about ARH Funding Requests email: firstname.lastname@example.org.