CSIL Grant Funding
The purpose of the CSIL Grant Funding Program is:
- To support and encourage student programming
- To provide funding for student-planned events
- To provide marketing support for student-planned events
Funding Criteria: (PLEASE NOTE UPDATED CRITERIA FOR 2017-2018)
- Student organizations must be currently registered by their specific governing body or UI Department (UISG or GPSG, ARH, PHC, IFC, NPHC, MGC, or UI Department) at the time of the applications and at the time of the event or program. Additionally, other organizations, which include but are not limited to, university-wide collaborations and organizations are eligible to apply (e.g., CAB Events, Family Weekend, On Iowa!, IMU, University Departments)
- Events must be alcohol free
- Events can be held on or off campus
- Events must be open as well as promoted and advertised to all University of Iowa students
- Priority will be given to organizations that solicit other support and collaborative partnerships
- CSIL Grant Funding will not fully fund any event
- Funding support and requests must be consistent with UI policy (e.g. risk management, purchasing)
- Events require post-event evaluations and summaries as well as the submission of surveys to be completed by 10% of participants at the event
- Event must occur at least two weeks after the application deadline
- An EIF should be started by the time of application, to be uploaded in the application form
CSIL Grant Funding may NOT be used to fund the following expenses:
- Regular Organization Meetings
- Honorarium (Speaker, Musician, DJ, Dancer, Entertainment, etc.)
- Prizes/ Gifts
- Purchase of equipment or assets
- Events that generate revenue for charities will not be considered for funding (Free-will donations for charities may be accepted at the event, but generated revenue from admission fees may not be donated to charity. The revenue from admission fees must go toward the cost of the event.)
- Events that have already received partial funding from CSIL Grant Funding
Applications should focus on these concepts:
- Uniqueness (how is this new and different from existing events?)
- Diversity (how does this event appeal to a variety of students?)
- Inclusion (how is the event open to all UI students, and communities?)
- Collaboration (who are possible partners for this event?)
Organizations may receive a maximum of $2,000 per fiscal year
An evaluation must be submitted within two weeks (14 days) following your event. This evaluation must be completed and submitted to 145 IMU before payment will be transferred to your organization account.
The Grant Funding Application Committee is composed of members from the following UI departments, student organizations, and community partners.
CSIL (2), University Housing & Dining (1), Recreational Services (1), Iowa Memorial Union (1), Student Health & Wellness (1), UISG/GPSG (1), ARH (1), Fraternity & Soroity Life (2), Student Organization Business Office (non-voting) (1)
- August 7
- September 4
- October 9
- November 6
- December 4
- February 5
- March 5
- April 9
- May 7
Organizations can apply online by following this link: https://orgsync.com/163522/forms/51060
The Post Event Evaluation Form can be found here:
The logo used on publicity and other materials can be found by clicking here.
All applications must be submitted online. The Center for Student Involvement & Leadership will not accept paper submissions.
CSIL Grant Funding committee reserves the right to table any application and follow up to request more detailed information.
Failure to follow guidelines listed above could result in restriction of future funding.
Looking for additional funding?
Your organization may also qualify for funds from Associated Residence Halls (ARH). You can learn more here: http://cougar.its.uiowa.edu/funding_req.
If you have questions about ARH Funding Requests, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org